8 July 2015

A look through the Anti Journal



The Anti Journal is a book I recently purchased, and I'm obsessed with it! It's a book that allows for creativity and as the authors say, "It's Journaling Outside The Box". This book is packed full of fun and creative activities, some of which I've already started and would like to share with you today for a peek at what's inside. 

Task: Write over this page, avoiding the box: I WILL NOT MAKE BORING ART
I plan to slowly work my way through this book, it's nice just to pass some time by doing this every now and then when you're feeling bored. However there are a few pages I'm really eager to start, so I put little tabs on them to start them when I'm ready. One of my favourite things to do so far has been to decorate the outside of the book, I made it themed to one of my favourite movies - Spirited Away! 

"Cover every inch of this journal as you please - Including its front, back, edges..."
I contemplated if I should cover the title of the book or not, I'm still thinking about it. The back of the book is still a work in progress, but I love my drawing of the radish spirit from the film! At first I drew him straight on the book but with parts of the books design showing through it didn't look right, I recommend using acrylic paints like I did on the cover to hide the books grid pattern, or cut out and glue on your drawings such as I've done on the back. 



Task: Make each one different

Above is one of the first pages I decided to do, it turned out...erm...very yellow! I started with the intent to fill it with different emojis and apps I often use, but then I ran out of ideas so added a few random things.

It turned out kind of 'wild'

Rihanna, these diamonds are shining bright!

I highly recommend this book, for only £3.42 it's great value for money! Amazon seems to be the best place to buy the Anti Journal from, and various sellers have it listed for the same price. It doesn't matter too much if you're not the 'artsy' type, this book is great for anyone who is bored and wants something creative to do.

I'll be posting updates on my progress through the book onto my instagram from time to time for anyone curious or looking for ideas - perhaps for the pages that turn out okay (I'm not really that great at art as you may have noticed from my last post)!

Do you own the book? Think you'll grab yourself a copy? Let me know in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment