8 August 2015

Learn Korean Words With Humour (and bad puns)!


I LOVE puns, so I couldn't resist the urge to think of some play on words with the words I have been learning from some of my Korean language books. I've wanted to share these for a while now, and finally the time has come! I'm going to share a few (in my opinion, brilliant) phrases that play on words. I find combining humour with learning helps to memorise a lot faster, I hope you get the puns I've come up with. There is not many so far, but I will add explanations to them in case you don't get them.


Dam-Yo, it's cold! I need a blanket!

Haha, get it? Dam-yo sounds like Damn Yo, like damn it's cold, I better get a blanket! 


You're such a Gudu two shoes!

Ever heard of the phrase goody two shoes before? Well now use Gudu to memorise the word shoes!


I Saseum deer the other day!

Saseum sounds a bit like "saw some". I saw some (Saseum) deer the other day! Try dropping some letters and say it like this, I sah sum deer!


Is that a bee? No man, that's nabi!

That's nabi, nah bee....(no bee)! That's nah bee!

Haha, that bee one is probably my favourite. I have one more for you, although I don't find it that great. So you know daddy long legs? To help remember the word legs (which is Dari, 다리) you could say Dari long legs! 
Before I get too carried away I should quit now! 

Can you think of any jokes or play on words that make use of Korean words? Which one was your favourite? If you come up with any I'd love to hear about them in the comments!


2 comments:

  1. what did milk (우유) say when it fell over?

    ouch (아야)!


    ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ XDDDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. what did milk (우유) say when it fell over?

    ouch (아야)!


    ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ XDDDD

    ReplyDelete